When opening a law practice, here are some elements and resources to consider. It is not meant to be all inclusive, nor is it a substitute for exercising your professional judgment.
Professional development and maintenance of competencies is a key issue when starting an office, both from a budgeting perspective and the need to identify educational gaps and to develop an overall plan in compliance with NSBS requirements.
- Planning / Budgeting
- Marketing Plan / Practice Development
- Forms of Practice
- Office Space / Location / Confidentiality
- Accounting / Banking Needs
- Start Up Costs / Credit Sources
- Office Equipment / Services / Supplies
- Library / Legal Research
- Office Systems / Procedures
- Insurance Protection
- Miscellaneous / Disaster Planning