Things to consider
- Time and billing/accounting
- Calendaring and docketing
- Conflicts checking
- Case Management
- Document assembly
- Office Suite Software (Word processing, Email, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Presentation Software (such as PowerPoint)
- Virus protection for computers
- Voice Recognition
- Other specialized or practice specific software
- Computers (Operating system, Back-up system, Lease or purchase, On-call IT service, etc.)
- Laptop computer
Read “Tips for Choosing Practice Management Software” (July 2016) from Attorney at Work
Visit LIANS’ Technology page for information on systems and hardware that are right for you.
Leading-edge hardware and software are not necessary at startup – save costs by purchasing only what is needed for the practice. Pirated software is a strict no-no.